6. Not setting the stage for sale.
You must create a showplace for prospective buyers. Buyers purchase with their hearts and not their heads. Be sure to consider that when you are staging and helping prepare for your open houses.
7. Letting your ego get in the way when negotiating.
Too many sellers take negotiating personally and lose out on creating a win-win deal.
8. Neglecting to complete a full set of disclosures prior to closing.
I have watched too many home sellers pay out big bucks because they did not “reveal it all.” Ask your agent to be sure you are telling all you need to tell.
9. Not timing a sale for maximum tax benefits.
Even one day mistimed can cost you tens of thousands in extra taxes. Do not be left a day late and many dollars short. Learn about taxes and timing issues from your agent, the local market expert.
10. Overlooking junk fees and extra expenses at closing.
Home sellers throw thousands away by not requesting and confirming a list of fees and expenses long before closing day. Make sure you ask your agent which fees to pay and which ones you should refute.